CUSTOM HOME BUILDING
Building your custom home should be an exciting and meaningful experience. Our goal is to provide a seamless building process and ensure that your dream home becomes a reality. We believe every home building project starts with a vision. We will work with you and your architect or provide you with a referral to some of DFW’s finest architects.
Building a luxury custom home involves time and effort from the client and ultimately can take from 3 to 6 months or more to design. This process includes architectural plans, interior and exterior design, finishes, hardware, colors and selection and specifications of materials.
At completion of the design stage, the pre-construction typically can take 1 to 3 months for HOA committee approvals and securing city required permitting. Once HOA approvals and permitting has been secured, formal construction can begin. The construction stage for a custom home typically take 8 months, but could take longer based on client change requests, material order delays or weather related conditions. A typical custom home involves the following timelines:
- 1 – 2 months to modify existing architectural plans
- 3 months or more to design custom architectural plans
- 1 – 2 months for an Architectural Review Committee to approve the plans if the home is built in a HOA. This step is not included if the home is not built within a HOA.
- 1 month to secure city required permitting. This step is not included if the home is built in an unincorporated county area.
- 8 month from permits to completion of the custom home